Continuing Education Courses > Low-Level Laser Therapy for Female Pelvic Pain Conditions
|Price: $515 (Early Registrant Price $495)
Experience Level: Beginner
Contact Hours: 18
Cold Laser Therapy or Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) is a treatment that utilizes specific wavelengths of light to interact with tissue to help accelerate the healing process. It can be used on patients who suffer from a variety of acute and chronic conditions in order to help eliminate pain, swelling, reduce spasms and increase functionality.
This two-day course is designed to provide a thorough introduction to low-level laser therapy and its application to female pelvic pain conditions. This course was developed by Isa Herrera MSPT, CSCS specifically for women’s health clinicians. and is geared towards the licensed professional who wants to learn a different pain-relieving modality for the successful treatment of female pelvic pain conditions, including vulvodynia, vaginismus, vestibulodynia, painful bladder syndrome, coccydynia, pudendal neuralgia and clitoral pain. The information provided in this course is immediately applicable to clinical practice.
This continuing education seminar is targeted to physical therapists, occupational therapists, physical therapist assistants, occupational therapist assistants, registered nurses, nurse midwives, and other rehabilitation professionals. Content is not intended for use outside the scope of the learner's license or regulation. Physical therapy continuing education courses should not be taken by individuals who are not licensed or otherwise regulated, except, as they are involved in a specific plan of care.
This course is targeted to professionals with practical knowledge of external vulvar- vaginal anatomy and relationship to pelvic floor muscles. Previous education coursework with internal and external pelvic palpation is recommended.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Identify the muscle layers and specific functions of pelvic floor muscles
2. Locate pelvic floor muscles externally
3. Palpate external pelvic floor muscles
4. Locate specific bony landmarks related to laser therapy for female pelvic pain conditions
5. Describe and perform Female Pelvic Pain Laser Techniques for various female pelvic pain conditions
6. List precautions, contraindications, universal precautions for female pelvic pain laser therapy
7. Identify specific pelvic pain conditions (vulvodynia, vaginismus, vestibulodynia etc.)
8. Understand the biological principles of low level laser therapy
9. List diagnoses that would benefit from applications of Low- Level Laser Therapy
10. Describe the applications and instrumentation parameters of Low-Level Laser Therapy for the pelvic floor and female pelvic pain conditions
11. Understand the placement of laser for optimal success
We always want to hear from those interested in hosting our courses. We work with healthcare organizations of all types, sizes, and locations. Please, Contact us about Hosting Low-Level Laser Therapy for Female Pelvic Pain Conditions or any other course!