Both the PRPC and the specialization exam are forms of professional certifications. The Pelvic Rehabilitation Practitioner Certification (PRPC) specifically identifies the bearer as a specialist in the pelvic health field, and it covers both women’s and men’s pelvic health throughout the life cycle. The WCS (Women’s Health Clinical Specialist) certification indicates a specialty in treatment only for women, and it covers women’s health more generally.


You do not have to choose one over the other as they are two different distinctions (PRPC was developed and offered by H&W, the WCS was developed by the ABPTS). You can be both PRPC and specialized in women’s health just like you can be a Certified Manual Therapist (MTC) and an Orthopedic Clinical Specialist (OCS).