Continuing Education Courses > Rehabilitative Ultrasound Imaging - Orthopedic Topics
|Price: $475 (Early Registrant Price $450)
Experience Level: Intermediate
Contact Hours: 14
This course is in an online format. An instructor will be presenting the information via Zoom.
This continuing education seminar is a two day course designed to provide instruction in the generation and interpretation of rehabilitative ultrasound images as they relate to the pelvic girdle and low back stabilization. Both lecture and lab material will be presented that will allow the participant to immediately incorporate the use of rehabilitative ultrasound imaging into their evaluation and treatment plans for patients with diagnoses including lumbo-pelvic pain and instability.
This continuing education course comprises of lectures and labs that present both ideal and abnormal responses of real-time imaging of the transverse abdominals, rectus abdominis, deep multifidus, levator ani, bladder, and bladder neck. During labs, participants will be able to practice using machines provided by our co-sponsor, The Prometheus Group. An onsite representative from Prometheus will also be available to answer questions about the equipment.
This is an intermediate level rehabilitative ultrasound imaging course intended for therapists having a sound knowledge in training techniques for the local stabilizing muscles of the pelvic floor, transverse abdominals, and deep multifidi muscles. Prior coursework regarding the local stabilizing muscles is required.
Have questions about equipment and want info on purchasing? Contact our co-sponsor, The Prometheus Group
This continuing education seminar is targeted to physical therapists, occupational therapists, physical therapist assistants, occupational therapist assistants, registered nurses, nurse midwives, and other rehabilitation professionals. Content is not intended for use outside the scope of the learner's license or regulation. Physical therapy continuing education courses should not be taken by individuals who are not licensed or otherwise regulated, except, as they are involved in a specific plan of care.
Prerequisites: Prior coursework regarding the assessment and treatment of the local stabilizing muscles.
Upon completion of this continuing education seminar, participants will be able to:
1. Describe the difference between rehabilitative ultrasound imaging and medical ultrasound imaging
2. Describe how rehabilitative ultrasound imaging fits into physical therapy scope of practice
3. Describe basic principles of physics that apply to ultrasound use
4. Describe safety issues and the ALARA principle concerning rehabilitative ultrasound imaging in physical therapy practice
5. List and appropriately use components of ultrasound machine
6. Generate, recognize, and interpret ultrasound images of the bladder base, pelvic floor muscles, transverse abdominal muscles, deep multifdi muscles, and rectus abdominis before and after contraction using transabdominal viewing methods
7. Demonstrate the ability to use ultrasound imaging in order to take measurements of diastasis rectus separations
8. Demonstrate the ability to use ultrasound imaging in order to take measurements relating to the transverse abdominus, deep multifidus, and the detrusor muscle
9. Save and transfer images and clips into multimedia presentations
10. Incorporate the use of rehabilitative ultrasound imaging into evaluation and development of treatment protocols for the lumbopelvic pain patient.
Pre-recorded lectures- Limitations, safety, understanding US images lectures (2 Hours and 45 Minutes Total)
We always want to hear from those interested in hosting our courses. We work with healthcare organizations of all types, sizes, and locations. Please, Contact us about Hosting Rehabilitative Ultrasound Imaging - Orthopedic Topics or any other course!
Very good course! Thank you!
- Avis Leung, PT, DPT - Willowbrook, IL
Everything is ok. Thank you very much!
- Wan-Hee Lee – Korea
Loved the use of the us as a biofeedback tool as well as an assessment tool.
- Christian McSoud, MPT - Tulsa, OK
Excellent class. Clean, concise labs. Enjoyable, never bored and lost.
- Cindi A. Prentiss, MBA, PT, OCS, Cert. MDT, BSPTS Cert. SST, LMT - Smithtown, NY
Excellent course. We are now ready to take our us out of the box and use it clinically.
- Jennifer R. Ham, PT, DPT - Clearwater, FL
It is so far the most interesting continuing education class I’ve ever taken! It’s such an eye-opening experience, inspiring me to work towards women’s health PT. Thank you so much!
- Yajing Liu - Pacific Grove, CA
Excellent info! Very practical – can use in clinic immediately.
- Nina Olson, DPT - Fox Point, WI
Excellent organization of course – love lecture followed by lab. Great images and videos. Instructors excellent. Lab supervision was outstanding – lots of hands on help to ensure understanding. Thanks Allison.
- Kerry Weiss, M.A., PT - White Bear Lake, MN
I am looking forward to adding this to my practice. Well done course!
-Dan Kristl, PT